Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I've received a few emails commenting on my apparent lack of postings regarding the Israel/Lebanon situation.

I've been putting together a somewhat comprehensive take on the subject when I came across Paul Krugman's recent column on the matter. As usual, he says it best. I urge reading the entire piece, an excellent, lucid analysis of the quagmire.

Also, note that General McCaffrey stated on Monday's Keith Olbermann show that Israel did not learn from the U.S. in Iraq and is unfortunately conducting this attack "on the cheap," with air bombings emphasized more so than on the ground operations. The result: little damage to Hezbollah, widespread civilian deaths, horrifying images for global consumption (and exploiting by radicals), and growing world condemnation.

No comments: