Sunday, July 25, 2004

Proof that I attempt "to inform of the truth."

After posting the prospective electoral college map (below), I discovered an AP-type story that disputed the 310-217 margin in favor of Kerry. In contrast with right-wing pundits, I care very much about conveying the truth as accurately as I can so I contacted the source of the data behind the map, electoral-vote.com, questioning this discrepancy. Their reply,

I don't believe them. I'll bet they assigned some cub reporter to write this story and he botched it. I follow this very closely and I doubt I have missed a poll. Even electionprojection.com has Kerry way ahead and that site is rabid Republican.

Just FYI, electionprojection.com has the tally at 327-211 and the popular vote at 51.5%/46.7%, both favoring Kerry.

Sounds about right.

No comments: