Saturday, August 21, 2004

"I am not qualified."

By the way, if you haven't seen the video yet where Porter Goss, Bush's newly-nominated guy to head the CIA, declares "I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified," than click here.

Here's a transcript of his statement:

It is true I was in CIA from approximately the late 50's to approximately the early 70's. And it's true I was a case officer, clandestine services office and yes I do understand the core mission of the business. I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified. I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably. And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day, "Dad you got to get better on your computer." Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have.
-- Rep. Porter Goss, March 3, 2004, Washington, DC



Oh yeah, I feel MUCH more secure now as an American! This guy is certainly up for fixing the many things wrong in the agency -- hah! Note he said this not 10 years ago, but this year! And for a supposed MBA-run White House, would any business hire someone who uttered this pablum in the job interview?

And best yet, what is the administration's response to this caught-on-VIDEO-TAPE statement: it's "ridiculous hearsay". Dictionary definition of "hearsay": Unverified information heard or received from another. Um, see GW, you need "another," in this case it's the person himself.... Oh, forget it.

No comments: